19 Mar What is the relationship between levels of CD4 lymphocytes and the likelihood of clinical complications from AIDS? 2. ?????Why does the United States Public Health Service
Instructions: Read the following case study and answer the reflective questions.
– Formatted and cited in current APA 7
– The discussion must address the topic
– Rationale must be provided
– Use at least 600 words (no included 1st page or references in the 600 words)
– Use 3 academic sources. Not older than 5 years
– Not Websites are allowed.
– Plagiarism is NOT allowed
AIDS (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
The patient, a 30-year-old homosexual man, complained of unexplained weight loss, chronic diarrhea, and respiratory congestion during the past 6 months. Physical examination revealed right-sided pneumonitis. The following studies were performed:
Complete blood cell count (CBC), p. 174
Hemoglobin (Hgb), p. 259
12 g/dL (normal: 14-18 g/dL)
Hematocrit (Hct), p. 256
36% (normal: 42%-52%)
Chest X-ray, p. 1014
Right-sided consolidation affecting the posterior lower lung
Bronchoscopy, p. 587
No tumor seen
Lung biopsy, p. 738
Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia (PCP)
Stool culture, p. 855
Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) serology, p. 297
Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA)
Lymphocyte immunophenotyping, p. 306
280 (normal: 600-1500 cells/mL)
18% (normal: 60%-75%)
0.58 (normal: >1.0)
Human immune deficiency virus (HIV) viral load, p. 297
1. Diagnostic Analysis: establish a diagnostic analysis of this case supported by a clinical guideline :
-summary of signficiant clinical data
– create a diagnostic rationale of the case including diagnosis and clinical data that support it
Critical Thinking Questions
1. What is the relationship between levels of CD4 lymphocytes and the likelihood of clinical complications from AIDS?
2. Why does the United States Public Health Service recommend monitoring CD4 counts every 3 to 6 months in patients infected with HIV?
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.