21 Sep IS/LM model in
Consider this economy
<pclass=”msonormal” style=”box-sizing: border-box; font-family: Roboto, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>1. The consumption function is given by C = 200 + 0.75(Y ? T ). The investment function is I = 200 ? 25r, where r is the real interest rate. Government purchases and taxes are both 100. Inflation expectation ?e</pclass=”msonormal”>
= 0. For this economy, graph the IS curve for i ranging from 0 to 8. Interpret the IS curve intuitively.
2. The money demand function in Bocconia is (M/P)d = Y ? 100i. The money supply M is 1000 and the price level P is 2. For this economy, graph the LM curve for i ranging from 0 to 8. Interpret the LM curve intuitively.
3. Find the equilibrium interest rate i and the equilibrium level of income Y .
4. Suppose that government purchases are raised from 100 to 150. How much does the IS curve shift? What are the new equilibrium interest rate and level of income? Explain intuitively.
5. Suppose instead that the money supply is raised from 1000 to 1200. How much does the LM curve shift? What are the new equilibrium interest rate and level of income? Explain.
6. With the initial values for monetary and fiscal policy, suppose that the price level rises from 2 to 4 but ?e still equals 0. What happens? What are the new equilibrium interest rate and level of income? Explain in words.
<pclass=”msonormal” style=”box-sizing: border-box; font-family: Roboto, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”></pclass=”msonormal”>
7. Derive and graph an equation for the aggregate demand curve. What happens to this aggregate demand curve if fiscal or monetary policy changes, as in parts (4) and (5). Explain in words.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.